1 box penne noodles
1 medium onion (sliced)
1 green pepper (sliced)
1/2 package of cap mushrooms
1 medium zucchini (sliced)
seasoning (sea salt, pepper, garlic powder)
1/2 package of sun dried tomatoes (chopped)
2 TBSP sugar
1/2 package of Feta crumbles
toasted pine nuts (optional)
1) Cook Penne according to directions on box.
2) While penne is cooking, heat skillet with olive oil and add the onions, peppers, mushrooms, and zuchinni. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Saute approximately 8 minutes.
3) When veggies are cooked, add the chopped sun dried tomatoes and the sugar. Cook for about 2 minutes, just to soften the tomatoes a little.
4) Drain the noodles and combine with the cooked veggies. Add some cooking sherry and olive oil to make a light sauce. Stir in the feta cheese. Top with toasted pine nuts.
5) Enjoy! We usually serve with a side salad or hummus with pita chips and carrots.
Some optional toppings that go well with this pasta are diced chicken or sauteed shrimp.